Plan Your Global Money Week
Global Money Week 2023 will be held between 20 and 26 March 2023. You can start already to plan your GMW, by getting in touch with your national coordinator
More details on the theme of GMW2023 and resources as well as preparatory webinars, will be shared soon by the GMW Secretariat.
How does Global Money Week Campaign work?
In brief, organisations across the world organise their own GMW events during the Week, and share news, photos and information with the GMW Secretariat. News of all these activities are linked to each other via social media, and the GMW website.
How to plan Global Money Week in your country?
- Explore GMW website for country overviews, available resources and inspiring ideas for your GMW.
- If you would like to organise a GMW activity in your country, please get in touch with your GMW National Coordinator. You can find the list of the current GMW National Coordinating institutions here. If no GMW National Coordinator is listed for your country, please get in touch with the GWM Secretariat.
- If you are a public institution that is already an OECD/INFE full or regular member, you may take the lead of GMW in your country, identifying goals you wish to achieve, engaging partners you wish you collaborate with, and coordinating the activities of all stakeholders in your country. Get in touch with the GMW Secretariat to let us know if you would like to coordinate GMW in your country.
- If you are not a public institution or not an OECD/INFE full or regular member, check if there is one in your country and get in touch with them so that you can all coordinate to achieve higher impact.
- If there is no OECD/INFE full or regular member institutions in your country, but your institution would like to join, get in touch with our team, so that we can support you through the process.
- Collaborate with a range of organisations and institutions to plan GMW branded events and activities. Share your plans with the GMW Secretariat!
- Share your plans with the GMW Secretariat via the GMW Pre-campaign Form here
GMW national coordinators
GMW national coordinators are full or regular OECD/INFE members. You can find the list of the current GMW National Coordinating institutions here. In countries where no OECD/INFE full or regular member exists, public authorities are invited to take the leading role in the coordination of the GMW campaign. Please get in touch with the GMW Secretariat if you are interested in coordinating GMW in your country. GMW national coordinators are expected to carry out the following tasks, if possible and appropriate, according to national circumstances:
- Ex-ante coordination: identifying GMW initiatives planned in the home country by public, private and non-profit institutions, encouraging coordination among involved parties, and reporting expected GMW activities in the country to the GMW Secretariat through the pre-form;
- Promoting participation in GMW at country level, by encouraging potentially interested institutions to join;
- Being the focal point at country level for information requests by interested or participating institutions about GMW and for communications with the GMW Secretariat;
- Liaising and communicating with private sector participants, if any, to clarify that their initiatives should not contain commercial messages;
- Ex-post coordination: collecting information about activities implemented during the GMW in the home country and reporting back to the GMW Secretariat through ex-post forms.
High-level guidance on the involvement of the private and not-for-profit sector in GMW
Participation of private and not-for-profit stakeholders in Global Money Week should:
- Be aligned and coordinated with public authorities-led strategies and programmes. Participation through national industry associations or self-regulatory bodies may be preferable to individual organisations’ participation;
- Comply with principles or codes of conduct on the involvement of private and not-for-profit stakeholders in financial education, where such principles or codes of conduct exist;
- Clearly avoid commercial activities, ensuring there is no promotion of specific financial products and/or services aimed either at young people or their parents, tutors etc.;
- Leverage and use financial literacy programmes or educational resources that are impartial, objective, of high quality and fair.
How do we support you to organise your Global Money Week?
We support you in the following ways:
- Developing resources that can help plan your Week (toolkit, brochure, GMW logos, etc.) See more at ‘Resources’ section on the website.
- Exploring ideas and offering advice to help you run a successful GMW.
- Linking you to national coordinators, or other partners in your country and worldwide.
- Organising webinars prior to the Campaign to share GMW updates and resources and meet other participants.
- Organising regional and global launches.
- Collecting data from participants all over the world to generate GMW Reports with country highlights.
Is there a fee to take part?
Absolutely not! All that we ask from you is that you keep us updated on your Global Money Week activities.
Tips for planning your GMW event!
- Don’t forget to add GMW to your annual event calendar!
- Contact your affiliated institutions, businesses, sponsors, and schools to inform them about the Week, and get them involved in GMW Campaign
- Explore ideas for potential events in ‘Activities’ section
- Get inspired by earlier events by reading GMW Reports published since 2013. Learn more here
- Take fun photos and videos with GMW logos and share them with others
How can you send your photos or videos to GMW Team?
Any photos or videos shared with the GMW Secretariat will need to be accompanied by dully filled in and signed photo and video consent forms, allowing the OECD and GMW to reproduce and re-use the photos and/or videos in GMW publications, website, social media etc. Without these forms, the GMW Secretariat will not be in a position to use the photos and/or videos.
GMW2023 Pre-campaign Form
Please use this form to report on the events and activities that you are planning to organise during GMW2023. The information provided will be used by the GMW Secretariat for organisational purposes (such as keeping track of how many countries and institutions are participating), and to identify best practices.
Please complete the GMW2023 Pre-campaign Form here no later than 1 March 2023.
Please note that the GMW Secretariat will only accept photos/videos of GMW activities from your country if accompanied by the appropriate photo or video permission forms. Please ensure that you are in possession of these permission forms at the time of organising your GMW events/activities.