2017 Madagascar Global Money Week
- Ministère des Finances et du Budget , Ministère de l’Education Nationale , Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche Scientifique , Ministère de l’Emploi, de l’Enseignement technique et de la Formation professionnelle , Ministère de la Communication , Banky Foiben’i Madagasikara (Banque Centrale) , Coordination Nationale de la Finance Inclusive (CNFI) : point focal de l’organisation, représentant le Ministère des Finances et du Budget , Association Professionnelle des Institutions de MicroFinance (APIMF) , Comité des Entreprises d’Assurances de Madagascar (CEAM) , UNCDF , Office Nationale de la Radiotélévision Malagasy (ORTM)
- Ministère des Finances et du Budget (MFB) , Ministère de l’Education Nationale , Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche Scientifique , Ministère de l’Emploi, de l’Enseignement Technique et de la Formation professionnelle , Ministère de la Communication et des Relations avec les Institutions , Ministère de l’Economie et du Plan , Direction Générale du Trésor (DGT) , Direction des Opérations Financières (DOF)
Children and youth Spokespeople:
- Mlle RAZAFINDRAINIBE Hoby Lalaina, en classe de 3ème au CEG Antanimbarinandriana, M. RAVELOARISON Tsinjo Andrandraina Mirantso, en classe de 3ème au CEG Antanimbarinandriana,Artist and singer of the raising awareness song: M. RANDRIANARISOA Mirindra (dit BOLO) « Ny Mahasoa aloha vao ny mahafinaritra »
Technical and financial partners:
- UNCDF , Professional association of the final sector, Association Professionnelle des Institutions de MicroFinance (APIMF) , Comité des Entreprises d’Assurances à Madagascar (CEAM)
- Siège de la Banque Centrale , DGT : Paierie Générale d’Antananarivo (PGA) , DGT : Recette Générale d’Antananarivo (RGA) , Assurance Ny Havana 67Ha , < Assurance Aro Antsahavola , Siège de la banque BFV-SG Antaninarenina , Siège de l’Institution de MicroFinance OTIV TANA Ampasanimalo , Siège de l’Institution de MicroFinance MADA CREDITO Ankorondrano, Agence de la banque BFV-SG 67Ha, SIPEM BANQUE Andavamamba.
Schools and universities:
- EPP Andohatapenaka, EPP Fiadanana, EPP Antanimbarinandriana (2ème participation),Ecole Anne-Marie Javouhey Anatihazo Isotry,CEG Antanimbarinandriana (2ème participation), Collège Saint-Michel Vohitraivo (2nd cycle) Amparibe, Collège Saint-Joseph 2nd cycle Mahamasina, Lycée Rasalama Route Circulaire, Collège Pault Minault Androhibe, CEG Ambohimandroso, CEG Soamalaza Antsirabe, Collège Saint Joseph Antsirabe
- Lycée Rabearivelo Analakely (2ème participation), Lycée Andohalo (2ème participation), Lycée Jules Ferry Faravohitra (2ème participation), Lycée Moderne Ampefiloha (2ème participation), Lycée Technique Commercial Ampefiloha, Lycée Nanisana, Lycée Grimaldi Akamasoa Andralanitra, Lycée FJKM Ambohitrimanjaka, Lycée Ambatolampy, Lycée Antanifotsy, Lycée Privé Antanifotsy, Lycée André Resampa Antsirabe
- Université Catholique de Madagascar (UCM) (2ème participation), Université ACEEM (2ème participation), Ecole Supérieure Polytechnique d’Antananarivo Vontovorona, Université Ankatso – Faculté. DEGS (2ème participation), ESSCA Antanimena
- NGO Tonda
Success story witness:
- RAJAONARY Patrick, Président Directeur Général de GUANOMAD, M. RASELISON Haja, Président Directeur Général de ITRAS, Mme RANOARIVONY Seheno, Gérante Fondatrice de AGENCY COMMUNICATION, Mme RABEMANOTRONA Haingo Tantely, Directreur Général de la SOCIETE KAVARA
- Ministry of Finance and Budget communication team , Directorate general for treasury communication team, National television, National Radio, Private radio and television: Radio RFV, MaTV, TNTV, TV Record, Radio Don Bosco, I-BC, Radio Record, Dream’in TV, RTA TV, TV PLUS Madagascar, VIVA TV, VIVA Radio, Radio Antsiva, AZ Radio TV, Radio Fahazavana, Free News, ON AIR RADIO, Mana Radio, Radio Tana, Free FM, Radio Fanambarana, La Gazette de la Grande Ile, La Dépêche, Lakroa, Ma-Laza, Tia Tanindrazana, Madagascar Matin, La Vérité, Gazetiko, Les Nouvelles, Akon’i Madagasikara, Midi Madagasikara, TRIATRA
- Internet and social media :
- www.lakroa.mg, www.tresorpublic.mg, www.mefb.gov.mg, www.madamicrofinance.mg
NUMBER OF CHILDREN REACHED DIRECTLY:
NUMBER OF CHILDREN REACHED INDIRECTLY:
- 150 000
2017 marked the second year of participation of Madagascar in Global Money Week. During the celebration, several events and activities were organized in the central area of the country. Financial education sessions were held for 1000 students in several high, secondary and middle schools.
With the support of the Ministry of Finance, the launch of GMW 2017 was held in Antananarivo, and the activities continued throughout the week, including financial education sessions, student visits to financial institutions, sharing of experiences from young entrepreneurs, conferences, debates and a television program focusing on financial inclusion of youth. Furthermore, the Ministry of National Education provided youth with books and school kits during the celebration. Through the Week, more than 3,600 children and youth were directly reached and more than 150,000 other children were reached indirectly through awareness-raising campaigns broadcasted on national channels. In total, 31 schools and universities, 12 financial institutions and 4 private companies took part in this celebration.
With the support of Minister of Finance and Budget and the attendance of the Minister of National Education and the Minister of Communication, the closure celebration of the Global Money Week took place on Thursday, April 6, 2017 in Antsahavola. Participation certificates and awards were given to all GMW 2017 participants.
The initiative was highly appreciated by children and young people, as well as by representatives of schools and universities, as they all expressed the wish for GMW to become institutionalized to enable a very large circulation of financial education at the national level. The Bolo’s song “Ny mahasoa aloha vao ny mahafinaritra”, which was specially written for the event, was a great success amongst the children and youth. It is believed that this second Global Money Week will have an important and long term impact regarding financial inclusion and financial education in Madagascar, and is the key step for further partnerships between the government of Madagascar and CYFI.
2016 Madagascar Global Money Week
- LEADING ORGANIZATION:
- PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS:
- Association Professionnelle des Institutions de Micro
- Finance de Madagascar (APIMF)
- Faculté DEGS
- Université Antananarivo
- Université ACEEM
- Université Catholique de Madagascar Lycée Andohalo
- Lycée Jules Ferry
- Lycée Moderne Ampefiloha
- Lycée Rabearivelo
- Collège d’Enseignement Général Antanimbarinandriana
- Ecole Primaire Publique Antanimbarinandriana
DATE OF THE EVENT:
- 14th - 19th of March
TOTAL NUMBER OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH ENGAGED:
- 16 150
TOTAL INDIRECT REACHED:
- 615 000
Madagascar was a newcomer to the GMW celebrations this year. The Coordination Nationale de la Finance Inclusive (CNFI), in close cooperation with the Association Professionnelle des Institutions de MicroFinance of Madagascar (APIMF), set up a comprehensive and diverse program for its first time participating in Global Money Week.
The Ministry of Finance and Budget officially launched the GMW celebrations in Antananarivo. The opening ceremony was followed by conferences and debates about the state of financial inclusion in the country, which were open to stakeholders and professionals of financial inclusion. For youth participants, a film projection “Me and Money” (“Moi et l’argent”), activities and discussions took place the same day for a crowd of 500 students from nine high schools and universities! Students from primary schools in Antananarivo were also reached during the Week through awareness raising and money-related drawing competitions, and the CNFI opened savings accounts for the winners of these competitions.
Media was closely following all of these events which were mobilized throughout the Week through special GMW TV shows on financial inclusion with the CNFI and APIMF, radio spots, newspaper ads and press releases. Together, all of these insured a large awareness campaign on financial education in Madagascar, reaching over 615,000 people, and over 1100 children and youth were reached directly by attending the GMW celebrations! They found this event really interesting and asked to be part of next year's celebrations as well.
“…your institutions had the privilege and the chance to be chosen for taking part in this event. May your pupils and students learn the maximum from lessons regarding smart money management, may they, in particular, become aware of the importance of saving. May their participation in this celebration allow them to raise awareness themselves amongst their classmates, their families and their close friends who will also do the same.” Mr. Rakotoarimanana François Marie Maurice Gervais, Minister of Finance and Budget
“…you admit with me that we need to financially educate the Malagasy population…. Children and youth are privileged targets regarding financial education during this week of celebration, but this is only the start of a long-lasting campaign for the population in general.” age, name etc. Mr. Randrianiana Rakotoarivao, Director of the Association Professionnelle des Institutions de MicroFinance (APIMF)