2019 Czech Republic Global Money Week
- European Financial Planning Association Czech Republic, Yourchance o.p.s.
- 128 Schools, 45 Orphanages, ABC finančního vzdělávání, Centrum Černý most, Czech National Bank, eDO finance, Federace DD – FICE), Fincentrum, GMVV, Praha, ING Bank, Jihomoravský kraj, Junior Achievement, Knihovna Brno, Knihovna Kojetín, Knihovna Konice, Knihovna Kroměříž, Knihovna Liberec, Knihovna Ostrava, Knihovna Prostějov, Knihovna Strakonice, Knihovna Vsetín, Komerční banka (hlavní partner GMW 2019), Magistrát hlavního města Prahy, MAS Opavsko, Ministerstvo financí ČR, Ministerstvo školství, mládeže a tělovýchovy ČR, Modrá pyramida, NN ČR/SR, Partners Financial Services, Den finanční gramotnosti, Poradna při finanční tísni, Spendee, SPŠ dopravní, Plzeň, SPŠS Betlémská, Praha, Střední odborné učiliště, Sedlčany, Střední průmyslová škola dopravní, Plzeň, Střední průmyslová škola, Kutná Hora, Střední zdravotní škola, Ostrava, Střední zemědělská škola, Tábor, SZdŠ a obchodní akademie Rumburk, SČMSD Humpolec, SŠ AGC Teplice, SŠ Havířov, SŠ nábytkářská a obchodní, Bystřice pod Hostýnem, SŠ Náhorní, SŠ Polytechnická, Brno, SŠTO, Havířov, Theia, ZŠ ERIZA, Mělník, ZŠ Lutín, ZŠ pro tělesně postižené, Opava, ZŠ Puklice, ZŠ Smetanova, Vimperk, ZŠ T. G. Masaryka, Praha 12, ZŠ Vamberk, Česká národní banka, ČSOB
NUMBER OF CHILDREN REACHED DIRECTLY:
- 16 990
NUMBER OF PEOPLE REACHED INDIRECTLY:
- 1 300 000
European Financial Planning Association Czech Republic
European Financial Planning Association Czech Republic (EFPA CZ) and Yourchance o.p.s., lecturers of financial literacy, organised a country-wide campaign in Czechia for Global Money Week 2019. Numerous lectures, discussions, workshops, project days, and public events took place. During the workshops, children were introduced to GMW, after which they watched videos on how money is made and how it is produced. An example of a popular activity was “household economy”, in which the children were asked to draw a house and imagine it to be their own. Discussions were then held on the items that would be in these houses and how much these items would cost. The exercise served as a metaphor for a moneybox, highlighting the differences between income and costs. The exercise ended with children drawing a goal they wish to save for. Some workshops were broadcasted by Czech Television. During the Week, a public event was held with popular Youtubers. The day was filled with dances, singing, competitions and games on financial topics, and interviews on the importance of financial education. In the classroom, children could participate in two online games, titled “Budget It” and “FinGRplay”. The aim of the games was to raise the interest in finances and in that way increase the financial stability and strength of Czech families. To close the Week, a financial literacy conference was held, hosted by the Czech National Bank, which was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Finance, the Chamber of Deputies, commercial banks, financial advisory companies, non-profit organisations, and participating schools. Topics discussed during the conference included increasing financial education, saving for pension, debts, and financial regulations, particularly in the context of the Consumer Protection Act. Various tools were introduced to children and parents to stimulate rational financial behaviour.
2018 Czech Republic Global Money Week
- European Financial Planning Association (EFPA CZ)
- Yourchance o.p.s
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Ministry of Finance, Czech National Bank, Czech Banking Association, ČSOB (Československá obchodní banka), NN ČR/SR, ING Bank, Česká spořitelna, DEPO 2015, CRIF-Czech Credit Bureau, Broker Trust, Nadace DRFG, Sberbank, Flow&Grow, KFP, Centrum Černý most, Muzeum Říčany, Knihovna Libereckého kraje, Česká mincovna, Krajský úřad JMK (KaPoDaV), ABC finančního vzdělávání, Dětská herna Stonožka, Garde Clientela, Business & Professional Women CR z.s., Saturia, Střední škola Gastronomie a služeb, Liberec, Masarykova ZŠ a MŠ, Hnojník 120, Základní škola, Střední škola Bohumín, Základní škola, Praha 4, Pošepného nám. 2022, ZŠ Písnická, ISŠŽ Plzeň, Masarykova ZS a MS Velká Bystřice, SPŠUL Resslova středisko Stříbrníky, První jazyková základní škola v Praze 4, Střední škola obchodní a služeb SČMSD, Střední škola logistická Dalovice, Soukromá základní škola spol. s r.o Ostrava-Vítkovice, OA Plzeň, ZŠ Tupolevka, ZŠ a MŠ Křešice, Gymnázium a SOŠPG Nová Paka, ZŠ T. G. Masaryka Rokycany, o.p.s., Obchodní akademie a jazyková škola Liberec, ZŠ a MŠ Děčín XXVII, Gymnázium a Hudební škola Hl.m. Phy, ZUŠ, ZŠ a MŠ Kozlovice, OA a JŠ s právem státní závěrečné zkoušky, SŠDOS Moravský Krumlov příspěvková organizace, ISŠ Slaný, ZŠ a SŠ K. Vary, ZŠ a MŠ Hořičky, kraj Kralovehradecky, Základní škola Vimperk, ZŠ a MŠ Buchlovice, u Uherského Hradiště, ZŠ Měcholupy - okres Louny, ZŠ a MŠ Ludvíka Očenáška, Moravská střední škola s.r.o. Olomouc, Gymnázium Postupická, Základní škola a Mateřská škola, Višňové, SŠTGA Chomutov, středisko Kadaň, ZŠ Bílina, Obchodní akademie a Vyšší odborná škola sociální, p.o. Ostrava-Mariánské Hory, ISŠTE Sokolov, SŠ Náhorní Praha, Gymnázium Nad Alejí, ZŠ Na Smetanc, SPŠE Plzeň, OA a VOŠE Kollárovka Praha, 25. ZŠ Plzeň, ZŠ K. H. Máchy Doksy, ISŠ a HPOS Příbram, SPŠ stavební Mělník, Církevní gymnázium Německého řádu
NUMBER OF CHILDREN REACHED DIRECTLY:
- 10 470
NUMBER OF PEOPLE REACHED INDIRECTLY:
European Financial Planning Association (EFPA CZ)
During the GMW2018, different types of schools all over the country organised numerous seminars, discussions, and workshops with financial experts and professionals. Interactive games and quiz sessions were held in many places. This year we also organised an online financial education tournament for schools focusing on family life cycle, family budget planning, and investing during individual stages of life. Our main focus was to engage parents as well as their children by organising workshops, discussions, and games for parents and children. Furthermore, we organised an event in a shopping centre involving youtubers to attract young people. A very popular event was a workshop on the development of financial literacy and entrepreneurship in which participants played interactive games simulating life situations. Many schools valued an interactive entertainment exposition "The Circle on Money" which was opened for several months, including during GMW. To close the activities of the GMW, the national coordinators organised a professional conference, on the premises of the Czech National Bank, under the supervision of the respective authorities, which focused on the revision of the National Strategy of Financial Education. During this event, corporations presented their long-term projects on financial education for children and their experience with such projects. The Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Finance shared their views on several key points, including the issue of potential conflicts of interest while promoting financial literacy. We believe that the social media campaigns, the public events in libraries and commercial shopping centres, as well as the engagement of schools will enhance public awareness about the GMW activities and financial literacy of children and youth in general. The ongoing topic for the Czech Republic remains the engagement of parents during the learning process of their children because the family environment and behavioural patterns of parents is paramount to improving financial behaviour of their children. Tomáš Nidetzký, a member of the Board of the Czech National Bank, in his opening speech at the GMW conference stressed the need for transparency of products and services on the financial market. He also recalled that the financial education of advisers and intermediaries is also important in the financial literacy. Michaela Hlavicová from the Ministry of Finance reported on the state of the revision of the National Strategy of Financial Education. The priorities of the MF mentioned the prevention of the over-indebtedness, the importance of the availability of the necessary information for the clients' decision-making, the need for planning and the need for retirement provision. Jana Merunková, from the position of the director of a public beneficiary company, stated that parents perceive their own knowledge of financial literacy as inadequate and would therefore welcome the emergence of comprehensible, simple concepts. At the same time, they would like financial literacy to be taught at schools as a separate subject. Marta Gellová, co-founder and the president of EFPA Czech Republic stressed the importance of an engagement with personal finances, the ability to handle unexpected life situations and respond to them. Parents create models for their children, and financial education therefore always starts right there.
2017 Czech Republic Global Money Week
- Czech National Bank
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Finance
- Zlata koruna
- KFP s.r.o
- CSOB Bank
- ING Bank a.s.
- Financni svoboda, s.r.o.
- ISSZIV Plzen
- BIVS Prague
- Gymnazium Postupicka
- Gymnazium Teplice
- DD and SJ Solenice
- Gymnazium JP Melnik
- EFAWAY s.r.o.
- Banys Media, s.r.o.
- ZS and MS Povrly
- ZS Horicky
- ZS and MS Kozlovice
- Gymnazium and SSZE Vyskov
- Masarykova ZS and MS Velka Bytrice
- Orisek - Studio pro deti s.r.o.
- ST consult, s.r.o.
- ZS Aloise Jiraska Lanskroun
- Remedium Praha o.p.s.
- ZS and MS Kresice
- ZS Ostrava
- Mendelova Univesrita Brno
- ZS and MS Velvarska Kladno
- Czech TV
- Czech radio, Flow & Grow, Vector Certifikace, Partners Financial Services, Primary and Secondary schools Karlovy Vary, Czech Scouts and Guides, Primary School Orlova Lutyne, Primary school Pisnicka Prague, OA and Language school Usti nad Labem, Primary school Caslav, Group of teachers from Prague 1, ZS T.G.Masaryka Rokycany, ZS and MS Becov nad Teplou, ZS Plumlov, okr. Prostejov, Praha 4 Posepneho namesti, ZS Bohulavice, OA and Hotel school Trebic, ZS Bílina, Zizkovo nam. 75, Caslav, Gebauerova, Soukroma ZS, Pasteurova, DD Plesna
NUMBER OF CHILDREN REACHED DIRECTLY:
- 4 366
On 3 April, the expert conference "System Changes in Financial Education" was successfully organised. Participating national organisations included EFPA CR and yourchance o.p.s. The patronage of the GMW was shared by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Finance. The event was held at the premises of the CNB.
Mgr. Marta Gellová and Jana Merunková, the organisers of GMW in the Czech Republic, presented very satisfactory results of this year’s events. Both organisers agreed that mutual cooperation is very good and expressed their commitment to take over the organisational duties of GMW next year.
In total, 4,500 pupils and students took part in 67 GMW events this year. In addition, to schools and universities, a number of non-profit organisations, children's homes and commercial entities participated in the events ranging from games, discussions, workshops, lectures to all-day events.
2013 Czech Republic Money Week
NAME OF THE ORGANISING ENTITY:
- Evita os
- Deputy Financial Arbitrator of the Czech Republic
- Educational Institute of the Central Bohemia Region (VISK)
DATE OF THE EVENT:
- 19th - 20th of March
NUMBER OF CHILDREN REACHED:
Global Money Week in Czech Republic was marked with two Events in Krapupy nad Vltavou and Poděbrady.
On the 19th March 2013, the first event took place at the Parish Charity in Kralupy nad Vltavou. The participants in the workshop were children and youth aged 12-24. They were given the opportunity to discuss the role of money in their lives, focusing on the role of financial institutions and programs, the negative impacts of money, the problem of debts and its consequences, etc. Since the participants were familiar with negative aspects of money and debts in general, the organisers tried to highlight ways in which to approach and remedy these problems in a positive manner.
On 20th March 2013, the second event took place at the Václav Havel Primary School in Poděbrady. The participants in the workshop were children aged 13-15 years. The organised programme highlighted the principles of Financial Literacy (the role of money, banks, financial institutions and financial mechanisms in general) with both positive and negative aspects of money.