Plan Your Global Money Week
How does Global Money Week Campaign work?
In brief, organisations across the world organise their own GMW events during the Week, and share news, photos and information with the GMW Organising Team. News of all these activities are linked to each other via the social media, and the GMW website.
How to plan your own Global Money Week?
There is no participation fee! Whether you are INFE member or non-member – everyone can join GMW2020.
If you are already INFE member institutions, then most probably you have heard about GMW2020 from us.
If you are not INFE member, you can take part in GMW2020, but we encourage you to get in contact with INFE member institutions in your country. If you do not have INFE member institutions in your country, we encourage you to get in contact with the government authority to jointly participate in Global Money Week. The government authority is welcome to become a member of INFE. To see if there are any institutions in your country which are already members of the INFE, please contact INFE/GMW Team.
See below the steps of how to easily plan your own GMW Campaign in your country:
- Explore GMW website for country overviews, available resources and inspiring ideas for your GMW.
- Initiate and take the lead on GMW Campaign in your country and make it suitable for the topics you wish to highlight during the Week.
- Collaborate with diverse groups of organisations and institutions to plan GMW branded events and activities for children and youth.
- Make sure your event is branded as a Global Money Week event. Read more in the ‘Global Money Week Branding & Style Guidelines 2020’ document here.
- Make sure to share your GMW plans in social media by linking it to @GlobalMoneyWeek #GlobalMoneyWeek2019 and do not forget to send photos/ videos to the INFE/GMW Team.
- INFE/GMW Team will contact you when we need you to send us information about your GMW plans.
How do we support you as you organise your Global Money Week?
We support you in the following ways:
- Offering you resources that can help you plan your Week (toolkit, brochure, GMW logos, etc.). See more at ‘Resources’ section on the website.
- Explore ideas and offer advice to help you run a successful GMW.
- Link you to other partners in your country or worldwide.
- Invite you to webinars prior to GMW2020 to share GMW news and meet other participants.
- Keep you connected with the Campaign by sharing the latest updates with you.
- Collecting data from the participants to generate the GMW Report with Campaign and country highlights.
Is there a fee to take part?
Absolutely not! All that we ask from you is that you keep us updated on your Global Money Week activities.
Tips for planning your GMW event!
- Don’t forget to add GMW to your annual event calendar!
- Contact your affiliated institutions, businesses, sponsors, and schools to inform them about the Week, and get them involved in GMW Campaign
- Explore ideas for potential events in ‘Activities’ section
- Get inspired by earlier events by reading GMW Reports published during 2013-2019
- Take fun photos and videos with GMW logos and share them with others
How can you send your photos or videos to GMW Team?
- PLEASE NOTE! For all media that include / show young people, please ensure that appropriate consent is obtained from parents, legal guardians, and/or from the photographer to ensure that the photos/videos may be widely published online (i.e. Global Money Week website, press, social media, et cetera.) and in GMW publications.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
The OECD International Network on Financial Education (OECD/INFE)
Follow Global Money Week (GMW) online!
The official hashtag of Global Money Week is