Plan Your Global Money Week
How does Global Money Week Campaign work?
In brief, organizations across the world organize their own GMW events during the Week, and share news, photos and information with the GMW Organizing Team at Child & Youth Finance International (CYFI). News of all these activities are linked to each other via the social media, the GMW website and the Global Inclusion Awards.
How to plan your own Global Money Week?
There is no participation fee! See below the steps of how to easily plan your own GMW Campaign in your country:
- Explore GMW website with available resources, materials and inspiring ideas for your GMW.
- Initiate and take the lead on GMW Campaign in your country and make it suitable for the topics you wish to highlight during the Week.
- Collaborate with diverse groups of organizations and institutions to plan GMW branded events and activities for children and youth.
- Make sure your event is branded as a Global Money Week event. Read more in the ‘Global Money Week Branding & Style Guidelines 2019’ document here.
- Before the event, fill out GMW Pre-Form 2019 to report on the events and activities that you are planning to organize during GMW2019, no later than 11 March 2019. The information provided is used for the GMW daily newsletter. Read more here.
- After the event, fill out the GMW Post-Form 2019 to send us photos and report on the events and activities that took place during GMW2019 no later than 16 April 2019. The information provided is used for the GMW Report 2019 and the website. Read more here.
How do we support you as you organize your Global Money Week?
We support you in the following ways:
- Offering you resources that can help you plan your Week (toolkit, brochure, teaching materials, GMW logos, etc.). See ‘Resources’ section on the GMW website.
- Explore ideas, and offer advice to help you run a successful GMW
- Link you to other partners in your country or worldwide
- Invite you to webinars prior to GMW2019 to share GMW news and meet other participants
- Keep you connected with the Campaign by sharing the latest updates with you
- Collecting data from the participants via the GMW Pre- and Post-Forms to generate the GMW Report 2019 with Campaign and country highlights
- Share your events via social media and the GMW newsletter before, during and after GMW
Is there a fee to take part?
Absolutely not! All that we ask from you is that you keep us updated on your Global Money Week activities by filling out the Pre-Form (before the event) here and the Post-Form (after the event) here.
Tips for planning your GMW event!
- Don’t forget to add GMW to your annual event calendar!
- Contact your affiliated institutions, businesses, sponsors, and schools to inform them about the Week, and get them involved in GMW Campaign.
- Explore ideas for potential events in ‘Activities’ section
- Get inspired by earlier events by reading GMW Reports published during 2013-2018
- Take fun photos and videos with GMW logos and share them with the GMW Team.
How can you send your photos or videos to GMW Team?
- PLEASE NOTE! For all media that include / show young people, please ensure that appropriate consent is obtained from parents, legal guardians, and/or from the photographer to ensure that the photos/videos may be widely published online (i.e. Global Money Week and Child & Youth Finance websites, press, social media, et cetera.) and in CYFI publications.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
GMW Team at Child & Youth Finance International (CYFI)
Follow Global Money Week (GMW) online!
The official hashtag of Global Money Week is